https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/IMG_1786-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2022-06-21 11:36:102022-06-21 11:46:40Creamy Kickin’ Rice Primavera
Creamy Kickin' Rice Primavera
Need a quick meal idea? Kick up your leftover cold rice with veggies on hand, spice and some vegan cream cheese. Use frozen brown rice, frozen and fresh veggies (of choice) and a little vegan cream cheese to create a quick, savory and optionally spicy rice primavera. Getting to know your spicy curry blends takes some practice. If you have access to an Indian grocery store why not go there and explore or order from one of the many spice purveyors online. Curry paste can also be used in this dish. Get creative and have fun with it.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or use garlic ramps if available, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced or use zucchini, broccoli, etc.
- 1 cup frozen soup veggies (carrot, pea, corn and green beans)
- 1 cup frozen cubed potatoes or frozen hash browns
- 1 Tbsp red or yellow curry spice blend of choice spice to your taste with addition hot sauce or cayenne
- 2 Tbsp vegan cream cheese of choice oil free, such as kite hill or miyoko's brands
- 1-2 cups water or broth as needed
- 2 cups COLD or frozen brown rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, sliced or parsley or spinach, etc.
- Take out leftover/frozen brown rice, veggies of choice and potatoes from the Freezer, measure them out and set them aside.
- In a deep fry pan set on medium-high heat, add chopped onion with water nearby to add in and stir as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped red pepper, stir and cook adding more water as needed for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining veggies and rice saving fresh herbs if using for last. Warm through, add seasonings, hot sauce if desired and salt/pepper to Taste.
- When everything is warmed through and seasoned, taste again and add optional vegan cream cheese, stir well to combine and serve with warm bread or pita.
https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/IMG_0284.jpg 2049 1536 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2022-06-21 11:22:392022-06-21 11:48:08Kokomo Parfait
This recipe is a modification of our basic Kokomo Toast recipe. So easy to make and presents well as a dessert or brunch item. It is optimal to refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving for best consistency.
- 4 slices whole grain bread we prefer Ezekiel brand Raisin Bread
- 3 TBSP nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh fruit of choice (i.e. chopped apples, berries) we used sliced strawberries & blueberries
- Toast slices of bread, then cut into bite sized squares.
- While toasting bread, stir to combine maple syrup, nut butter and cinnamon in a medium size bowl.
- Gently fold in the cut up pieces of toast and stir until coated.
- In 4-6 parfait glasses or clear dessert bowls, alternately spoon in the toast and fruit, adding additional fruit on top.
- Optimal to refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving while bread absorbs the nut butter mixture and softens.
https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/spaghetti-squash.jpg 300 605 vgal_admin https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png vgal_admin2021-01-12 09:56:252021-02-04 17:36:58Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Chickpeas
Spaghetti Squash with Spinach & Chickpeas
- 2 spaghetti squash
- 1 oz bag baby spinach
- 1 cup chickpeas save liquid for cooking shallots
- 1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes hydrated in hot water
- 3 shallots sliced thin
- 1 lemon juiced plus zest of the lemon
- 1 tbsp mixed dried seasonings of choice
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place squash on a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes or until slightly browned
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the shallots, stir and cook until liquid is needed
- Add the chickpea liquid and the remaining ingredients, except the walnuts, and mix well. Remove the squash from the oven, let it cool slightly
- Use a fork to scrape the squash into strands. Set aside. Combine squash strands and spinach mixture and stir gently
- Plate and garnish with walnuts and/or herbs. Serve with toasted bread of choice
https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/parfait2.jpg 330 695 vgal_admin https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png vgal_admin2021-01-05 10:35:032021-02-04 16:57:10Yogurt and Fruit Parfait
Yogurt and Fruit Parfait
- 2 containers non-dairy yogurt of choice
- 2 cups granola or cereal of choice
- 2 cups fruit of choice cut into pieces
- 1 kiwi optional
- In a pretty glass or small wine glass, layer the yogurt, granola and fruit. Serve and enjoy.