https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Easy-Summer-Salad-scaled.jpg 1980 2560 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2022-08-17 12:13:382022-08-17 12:21:17Easy Summer Salad
Easy Summer Salad
Easy Summer Salad
Make this beautiful, colorful delicious salad using fresh summer ingredients, including corn on the cob. Want to have a taste of summer in the winter? Just thaw some frozen corn to substitute.
- 4 ears Corn on the Cob
- 1 can Pinto Beans or Beans of choice, rinsed & drained
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Carrot, grated
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1 Tomato or bunch of Cherry Tomotoes, sliced or diced
- 4 Radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced We used pickled onions in the picture...your choice!
- 1 head Boston Lettuce or choice of Lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 can Lite Coconut Milk
- 1 Ripe Avocado, take out pit & scoop out flesh
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 small bunch Cilantro
- Wash outer husks of corn on the cob well then place on microwave safe dish and cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes per ear (12 minutes total for 4 ears). Microwave times may vary. Husks and silk will slide right off (caution; they will be HOT...use oven mitt). Once cooked, cut kernels off cob to use in salad. Alternatively, take off husks/silk, cut kernels off uncooked cob and then steam, saute or microwave for 3 - 5 minutes.
- While corn is cooking, prepare dressing as follows.
- Dressing: In a blender, combine coconut milk, avocado, lime juice and cilantro, as well as your choice of seasonings, salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer all salad ingredients in bowls a top with dressing to serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!