https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/IMG_0284.jpg 2049 1536 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2022-06-21 11:22:392022-06-21 11:48:08Kokomo Parfait
This recipe is a modification of our basic Kokomo Toast recipe. So easy to make and presents well as a dessert or brunch item. It is optimal to refrigerate 1-2 hours before serving for best consistency.
- 4 slices whole grain bread we prefer Ezekiel brand Raisin Bread
- 3 TBSP nut butter of choice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups fresh fruit of choice (i.e. chopped apples, berries) we used sliced strawberries & blueberries
- Toast slices of bread, then cut into bite sized squares.
- While toasting bread, stir to combine maple syrup, nut butter and cinnamon in a medium size bowl.
- Gently fold in the cut up pieces of toast and stir until coated.
- In 4-6 parfait glasses or clear dessert bowls, alternately spoon in the toast and fruit, adding additional fruit on top.
- Optimal to refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving while bread absorbs the nut butter mixture and softens.