https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/IMG_1786-scaled.jpg 2560 1920 Jill Keb https://plantlifejourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/PlantLifeJourney.png Jill Keb2022-06-21 11:36:102022-06-21 11:46:40Creamy Kickin’ Rice Primavera
Creamy Kickin' Rice Primavera
Need a quick meal idea? Kick up your leftover cold rice with veggies on hand, spice and some vegan cream cheese. Use frozen brown rice, frozen and fresh veggies (of choice) and a little vegan cream cheese to create a quick, savory and optionally spicy rice primavera. Getting to know your spicy curry blends takes some practice. If you have access to an Indian grocery store why not go there and explore or order from one of the many spice purveyors online. Curry paste can also be used in this dish. Get creative and have fun with it.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or use garlic ramps if available, chopped
- 1 cup asparagus, sliced or use zucchini, broccoli, etc.
- 1 cup frozen soup veggies (carrot, pea, corn and green beans)
- 1 cup frozen cubed potatoes or frozen hash browns
- 1 Tbsp red or yellow curry spice blend of choice spice to your taste with addition hot sauce or cayenne
- 2 Tbsp vegan cream cheese of choice oil free, such as kite hill or miyoko's brands
- 1-2 cups water or broth as needed
- 2 cups COLD or frozen brown rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, sliced or parsley or spinach, etc.
- Take out leftover/frozen brown rice, veggies of choice and potatoes from the Freezer, measure them out and set them aside.
- In a deep fry pan set on medium-high heat, add chopped onion with water nearby to add in and stir as needed. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped red pepper, stir and cook adding more water as needed for another 5 minutes.
- Add remaining veggies and rice saving fresh herbs if using for last. Warm through, add seasonings, hot sauce if desired and salt/pepper to Taste.
- When everything is warmed through and seasoned, taste again and add optional vegan cream cheese, stir well to combine and serve with warm bread or pita.